Microsoft’s new OS “Windows 7” is already very fast and reliable, here is a registry script which can tweak a few internal settings to optimize your system performance and add a few useful extras.
You just need to download the ZIP file, extract it and run the file. It’ll ask for confirmation, accept it. Restart your system to take affect and you’ll definitely experience the tweaking affect.
If you are worried what this registry script is going to do in your system, then here is a description of all the tweaks included in this file:
- Adds “Copy To” and “Move To” options in files and folders context menu, so that you can easily copy and move them to other locations.
- Sets Windows to automatically end task of programs which are either hanged or taking longer time than expected to exit.
- Decreases menus show delay time, it’ll show the sub-menus fast when you select their parent menu.
- Disables the low disk space check so that you don’t get the annoying low disk space notification in system tray.
- Sets Windows to not waste time in searching for a program which no longer exists in your system when you try to open its shortcut.
- Disables “search on Internet” prompt in “Open with” window so that it directly opens the program list.
- Speeds up the Explorer navigation.
- Adds “Take Ownership” option in files and folders context menu so that you can easily take ownership of files and folders in case you want to replace them for customization purpose.
Now if you are satisfied with the above description, please feel free to apply the script. I assure you it’ll not harm your system in any condition and its completely safe to apply.